The number of beds offered in 2017 under Local Lodging in Portugal accounted for 56% of the total. Hotels made up the remaining 44%, according to an analysis by the Association of Hospitality of Portugal (AHP).
The number of listings available for local lodging grew by 385% since the new law came into effect in November 2014, according to a report by AHP (the Hotel Association of Portugal). At that time, just 6,000 properties were registered for short-term stays. Today, that figure has multiplied to 29,000.